Mixed Mushrooms with Red Curry
This recipe comes to us from Steven Knudsen of the Sonoma County Farm Bureau. He knows his agriculture, and clearly he knows how to cook!
Recipe makes 4-6 servings.
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken thighs, quarter inch pieces
- 4-6 tablespoon Red Curry Paste (More the better! If you like it Spicy!)
- 1-13.5 oz can Coconut Milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 yellow bell pepper, quarter inch pieces
- ½ medium yellow onion, quarter inch pieces
- 1 8 oz. MYCOPIA Chef Sampler mushrooms, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves for top
- ½ cup beansprouts for top
- Cooked Jasmine Rice
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a large pot on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and brown on both sides. Remove chicken from pot.
- Add 1 tbsp. oil to pot and sauté garlic and ginger for 1 minute
- Add bell pepper, onion, butternut squash and mushrooms. Sauté 5 minutes
- Add chicken back into the pot and fold to combine.
- Combine coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce and curry paste in a bowl. Whisk until the sauce comes together. Taste sauce for spiciness. Add more curry paste if more heat is desired.
- Add curry sauce to vegetables and chicken
- Simmer uncovered until vegetables are done cooking and sauce is the desired thickness.
- Serve with Jasmine Rice.
- Top with basil and beansprouts.